Director of Studies in Psychological and Behavioural Sciences, King's College, Cambridge
Mirjana Bozic is interested in taking PhD students.
Subject groups/Research projects
I study language as a cognitive and a neural system. My research focuses on the neural mechanisms that support spoken language comprehension, and the structure of the underlying lexical representations. Using behavioural and neuroimaging techniques, I investigate how different properties of the speech input engage the underlying neural architecture to produce successful comprehension.
- Bozic M, Fonteneau E, Su L, Marslen-Wilson WD (2014). Grammatical analysis as a distributed neurobiological function, Human Brain Mapping. doi: 10.1002/hbm.22696
- Fonteneau E, Bozic M, Marslen-Wilson WD (2014). Brain network connectivity during language comprehension: Interacting linguistic and perceptual subsystems, Cerebral Cortex. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhu283
- Marslen-Wilson, W.D., Bozic, M., & Tyler, L.K. (2014). Morphological systems in their neurobiological contexts. In M. Gazzaniga & G. Mangun (Eds) The Cogitive neurosciences, 5th Edition, MIT Press
- Bozic, M., Szlachta, Z., & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2013). Cross-linguistic parallels in processing derivational morphology: Evidence from Polish. Brain & Language, 127, 533-538.
- Bozic, M., Tyler, L.K., Wingfield, C., Su, L., & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2013). Neurobiological systems for lexical representation and analysis in English. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 25(10), 1678-1691.
- Bozic, M., & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2013). Neurocognitive mechanisms for processing inflectional and derivational complexity in English. Psihologija, 46, 437-452
- Szlachta, Z., Bozic, M., Jelowicka, A. & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2012). Neurocognitive dimensions of lexical complexity in Polish. Brain and Language, 121, 219-225
- Bozic, M., Tyler, L.K., Ives, D.T., Randall, B. & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2010). Bihemispheric foundations for human speech comprehension, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 107, 17439-17444.
- Bozic, M. & Marslen-Wilson, W.D. (2010). Neurocognitive contexts for morphological complexity: dissociating inflection and derivation. Language and Linguistics Compass, 4, 1063-1073.
- Marslen-Wilson, W.D., Bozic, M. & Randall, B (2008). Early decomposition in visual word recognition: dissociating morphology, form, and meaning. Language and Cognitive Processes, 23, 394-421
- Bozic, M., Marslen-Wilson, W.D., Stamatakis, E.A., Davis, M.H. & Tyler, L.K. (2007). Differentiating morphology, form and meaning: neural correlates of morphological complexity. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 19, 1464-1475