Reader in Molecular and Behavioural Neuroscience (jointly with the Department of Psychiatry)
Director of Studies in Neuroscience and Psychology, St Catharine’s College
Jeff Dalley is interested in taking PhD students.
Behavioural neuroscience; frontal striatal systems; neuromodulation; psychopharmacology; MRI/PET; in-vivo electrophysiology; brain mechanisms underlying impulsivity, compulsivity, and predisposition to drug addiction.
Collaborators outside this directory
- Professor Angela C. Roberts
- Professor Ole Paulsen
- Professor Simon Gibbons
- Dr Franklin Aigbirhio
- Dr Tim Fryer
- Dr Adrian Carpenter
- Professor Tim Aitman
- Professor Glenda Gillies
- Professor Gunter Schumann
Jupp B, Dalley JW (2013) Behavioral endophenotypes of drug addiction: etiological insights from neuroimaging studies. Neuropharmacology (in press).
Caprioli D, Hong YT, Sawiak SJ, Ferrari V, Williamson DJ, Jupp B, Carpenter TA, Aigbirhio FI, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW, Fryer TD, Dalley JW (2013) Baseline-dependent effects of cocaine pre-exposure on impulsivity and d2/3 receptor availability in the rat striatum: possible relevance to the attention-deficit hyperactivity syndrome. Neuropsychopharmacology 38:1460-1471.
- Dalley JW, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW (2011) Impulsivity, compulsivity, and top-down cognitive control. Neuron 69(4): 680-94.
- Besson M, Belin D, McNamara R, Theobald DE, Castel A, Beckett VL, Crittenden BM, Newman AH, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW, Dalley JW (2010) Dissociable control of impulsivity in rats by dopamine D2/3 receptors in the core and shell subregions of the nucleus accumbens. Neuropsychopharmacology 35: 560-569.
- Dalley JW, Fryer TD, Brichard L, Robinson ESJ, Theobald DEH, Lääne K, Pena Y, Murphy ER, Shah Y, Probst K, Abakumova I, Aigbirhio FI, Richards HK, Hong Y, Baron J-C, Everitt BJ and Robbins TW (2007) Nucleus accumbens D2/3 receptors predict trait impulsivity and cocaine reinforcement. Science 315(5816): 1267-1270.